Palm Springs & Desert area Real Estate

Palm Springs Area Real Estate Sales.

RUSSELL HILL, Realtor, HomeSmart, 760.898.8399; russell@poolsidewithrussell.com,DRE 1427657

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Autumn in the desert


Happy Thanksgiving!

This photo was taken last year just after Thanksgiving.  It's of a "bonsai" Ginko (with bougainvillea) that I bought for my partner when we moved here from Alameda (in the Bay Area) five years ago.  The street we lived on in Alameda was lined with beautiful, mature Ginkos.  It's what we anticipated missing most when we moved to the desert. So, when I saw this bonsai at (the old) Palapas Nursery the first month we lived here, I had to have it.  I'm pleased that we've kept him happy all these years.  It's kept in a shady location on the north side of the house.  He's on his third pot!

Cheers!

Russell

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

My favorite plant. So amazingly beautiful. take care of it!

Anonymous said...

Only if the real estate market was in bloom like your amazing plant. BTW...Love this site.