Palm Springs & Desert area Real Estate

Palm Springs Area Real Estate Sales.

RUSSELL HILL, Realtor, HomeSmart, 760.898.8399; russell@poolsidewithrussell.com,DRE 1427657

Friday, August 03, 2007

Aqua Running in Palm Springs

I started a new exercise program last week. It's aqua running! It's actually a good workout and with out the impact on the bones of traditional running. I'm up to 25 minutes in the pool. My goal is 45 minutes to one hour.

I used to run cross country in high school (many, many years ago) and with a "bum" ankle for several years, I've never been able to run for very long before my ankle would give out. So far, aqua running seems to be working ok for me. The experience is amazingly similar to land running. I must admit that it's a little more boring, since I'm stuck in the deep end of the pool, going in circles. I do have the beautiful mountians and palm trees to enjoy while I'm "running, though. I'm still working on form. If anyone has any suggestions as to perfect form, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

I'm looking forward to getting in "athlete's" shape again. Wish me luck!

Russell Hill

No comments: