Palm Springs & Desert area Real Estate

Palm Springs Area Real Estate Sales.

RUSSELL HILL, Realtor, HomeSmart, 760.898.8399; russell@poolsidewithrussell.com,DRE 1427657

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Austin, TX




I haven't posted recently because I was in Austin, TX visiting my folks.  I grew up in Austin and graduated from The University of Texas-Austin.  I make it back to visit each year, but it was this year that I noticed some big changes to the city and the downtown skyline.  I'm amazed at the building going on there!

I had a great time rediscovering the Hike and Bike Trail around Lake Lady Bird, formally known as Town Lake.  Both days I took a run, short as it was, the trails were packed with people.  The trails were sometimes crowded when I was in high school, training for the cross country team I ran with, but nothing compared to now.  I discovered to two new treats in Austin - Stacey Pool, which is heated to 78 degrees by a natural spring, and is FREE; and a fun restaurant downtown, Ranch 616.  Good food, great service and a really fun, quirky atmosphere.  I never miss going to the Whole Foods located at their headquarters at 5th St and Lamar Blvd

I also wandered around the UT campus a bit and was flooded with memories of those days. And, I was amazed at how young the students are!

Russell Hill     760.902.3121     RussellHill@dc.rr.com



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun. More glad to have you back

Anonymous said...

Russell, you better stay away from those college students! Welcome home.

Russell Hill 510.333.8875 said...

Thanks for the warm welcome home! It's good to be back!

Russell